My most recent post entitled How to Score an Annual Vacation for Free using Credit Card Points in India gained a lot of traction last week thanks to my friends like Rishabh who were happily sharing the same on social media. As promised in my last post, I’d like to share with you today details about the Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card that helps you score 4 Business Class Flight Tickets and 5 Economy Tickets for a mere investment of 11,800 INR. Lets dig into the specifics.
Benefits of Axis Vistara Infinite Credit Card
This is a great card for people who have an appetite to spend 7,50,000 INR on their credit card in a year. You can chose to spend money on any transaction and every transaction which will help you score frequent flyer miles on one of India’s favourite airlines – Vistara. Let’s get into the specifics of how this card works and what are the benefits one can derive out of this.
Get 4 Complimentary Business Class Tickets on Vistara: As soon as you sign up for the Axis Vistara Infinite Credit Card, you’re issued one complimentary business class ticket. There after, every time you cross a total cumulative spend of 2,50,000 on your card, you keep getting business class tickets. In a year, you can get a maximum of 4 business class tickets. What that means is, if you spend 7,50,000 on your card in a year, you end up getting 4 complimentary business class tickets on Vistara. How cool is that! 🙂
Score points every time you swipe your card and get 5 free Economy Flight tickets in a year in addition to your 4 Complimentary Business Class Tickets: Accrue Club Vistara Points on every transaction. What that means is for every online and offline transaction you make, you earn 6 CV Points for every INR 200 you spend on your Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card. These points can later be redeemed to either buy Vistara flight tickets or get a cabin upgrade of your choice. Lets take a moment to understand what this means. Say you spend 7,50,000 INR on this card in one year – what that does is, it helps you score 22,500 Club Vistara Points. Also, if you end up spending 100,000 INR in your first three months, Vistara awards you 10,000 Bonus Miles. With a total of 32,500 points, you can score 5 free Economy tickets per below with these points. For a Bangalore Delhi Economy ticket, you need to spend 6,000 miles. Spend 30,000 miles and you can easily score 5 one way tickets in economy on Vistara! 🙂
Upgrade to Club Vistara Gold from Day Zero: If you’re a frequent flyer, you realise that business travel can *get to you* at times. There’s just so many queues at the airport right from the time you check in to head to security to then wait for boarding the aircraft, get a seat of your choice, land, disembark and then wait for your bags to arrive at the baggage terminal. This card bumps you up straight to Club Vistara Gold from the day you get the card. What that means is – even if you don’t fly Vistara a lot, you still remain a Gold member throughout the year. Benefits include the below:
- Priority Airport Check-In: Irrespective of the class of ticket you’ve purchased, whether it is economy / premium economy / business class, everytime you’d like to check in, you check in straight from the business class counter and don’t have to wait in the long economy queue.
- Increased Baggage Allowance: When you’re flying any airline in India, you can carry 15 Kgs of luggage. By being a Club Vistara Gold Member, you’d now get 10 kgs additional when you fly. So every time you fly, you can carry 25 Kgs of luggage! 🙂
- Priority Boarding: Often boarding the aircraft is time consuming as you have to stand in a long queue – as people flock to board as soon as the airline commences boarding. With the Club Vistara Gold Membership, you can board via the separate business class lane – either before boarding commences for economy or at any time of your choice.
- Complimentary Lounge Access: Irrespective of whether you fly Economy / Premium Economy / Business, everytime you fly Vistara, you’d get complimentary lounge access across the country. Lounge access will not apply only if you’ve bought a Vistara Lite ticket.
- Priority Baggage Handling: With this, your checked-in bag will arrive at the luggage belt in the first batch – along with the bags of the business class flyers – so you can quickly exit the airport to your final destination. Big time saving feature this one.
- 3 Upgrade Vouchers: This is one of my favourite features of the Club Vistara Gold Membership. Each voucher allows you to upgrade your ticket to the next available cabin. So if you’re flying economy, on presenting your voucher, you get upgraded to premium economy. If you’re flying premium economy, present your voucher and you get upgraded to business class. How awesome is that! You’ll get three such upgrade vouchers that you can use over a one year period commencing from the date of the issue of the vouchers to you.
Other Benefits on the Card: There are tons of other benefits on the card, like free lounge access when you’re not flying Vistara, complimentary golf access, complimentary insurance in the form of Air Accident Cover of upto INR 2,50,00,000, Purchase Protection Cover upto INR 1,00,000, Lost Card Liability upto 100% your credit limit and more. Details here.
Bottom Line: Invest 11,800/- upfront, spend 7.5 Lacs in a year and get:
- 4 Complimentary Business Class Tickets
- 5 Complimentary Economy Tickets
- Club Vistara Gold Membership
- 3 Upgrade Vouchers
- Lounge Access Across the Country
- Lots More
Did you enjoy this post? Moreover, how likely are you to get this card? Please chime in with your comments! 🙂